Thursday, 13 October 2016

Nailed that Interview bijces!



Q&A for Interview session
1. Tell me about yourself.
- My name is Farhana Zamri. I’m from Bandar Bukit Puchong and currently pursuing my Diploma in Network Security at German-Malaysian Institute (GMI), Bangi. I have been in the network security hands on practical and theory for almost two years in GMI. I experience in handling a configuration for router and switch and also can work with programming language such as web programming, HTML/CSS and very excellent in configure operating system in Linux.
- I have been in the customer service industry for the past two years. My most recent experience has been handling incoming customer in the glamorous boutique. One reason I particularly enjoy this business, and the challenges that go along with it, is the opportunity to connect with people. In my last job, I formed some significant customer relationships resulting in a 30 percent increase in sales in a matter of months.

2. Why are you interested in this internship?
- I’m interested in this job because I can see that in this role, my skill sets would benefit you. Because they would benefit you, I would also benefit personally, professionally, and financially from that. If I can come in here and solve problems and accomplish your goals, it will be a great future for me. Also, I like the culture of this organization. I like what I’ve heard and what I’ve been reading about the company, and it seems like a great fit for my personality and my values.

3. What do you know about our organization?
- I’ve naturally done some research into your organisation so as to ensure that I fully understand what kind of organisation I would be working for. I read on your website that your sales levels have grown at an average of 25% year on year for the past few years. You’re clearly a very progressive organisation and that’s exactly what I’m looking for. I want to work for an organisation which doesn’t stand still, which is expanding and taking on new and interesting challenges.

4. What is our mission statement?
- To effectively apply the process using the technology and creativity into modernisation of retail Business.

5. Why do you think you are qualified for this position?
- I’m a team player, I work well under pressure, and I’m a people person. I can work with all kinds of people and am always willing to learn new set of skills and tackle a new challenges.

6. What makes you unique from other candidates?
- I believe that I am the best candidate for this position because of my extensive customer service and management experience and my ability to adapt to any situation. I have a passion for success and goal oriented demeanour that would push me to accomplish my set tasks. Also, with my personable character I can work well and communicate with others to contribute to team efforts. In all that I do I would strive to advance the company, and I feel that my previous work experience proves that. 
7. What do you know about the issues faced by our organization?
- Every business has hidden problems and I believe that is a good thing.

8. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- My real strength is my attention to detail. I pride myself on my reputation for following through and meeting deadlines. When I commit to doing something, I make sure it gets done, and on time
- My real weaknesses is I tend to put things to the very last minute. But I work well under pressure and I personally think that pressure motivates me to work twice as hard and finish my task on time.

9. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST ACCOMPLISHMENT?
-
10. What type of work environment do you prefer?
- I can be flexible when it comes to my work environment. I have worked in many types of work environments, and enjoyed learning new things from each. I would say that while I don’t have a preference for a particular environment, I really like working with people who are committed to getting things done and who are passionate about their work.
- I enjoy working in an environment where the members of the team have a strong sense of comradery, and a good work ethic. I like working with competent, kind, funny people who like to get things done. It’s important to me to feel that I can trust my team members to always do their best, because I do.
- In the past, I have preferred a fast-paced working environment, but I also love to experience new things. Whenever I experience something new, I learn something valuable. New environments are a way to develop new, vital skills.

11. Why do you want to work in this industry?
- “I’ve always loved shopping, but my interest in retail marketing really started when I worked at a neighbourhood boutique. I knew our clothes were amazing, but that we weren’t marketing them properly. So I worked with management to come up with a marketing strategy that increased our sales by 25% in a year. It was great to be able to contribute positively to an industry I feel so passionate about, and to help promote a product I really believed in.”

12. How would you assess your writing and communication skills?
- I’m a capable communicator, but I sometimes experience communication problems.
- Take the time to think about my approach to communication, and focus on receiving messages effectively, as much as sending them.

13. What software are you proficient in?
- As you can see in my resume, personally I have a passion for design and I am very familiar with PS and AI software. My skills in both software are pretty much strong. I have experiences in doing a picture editing, poster, banner, flyers, logo and t shirt designing.

14. What do you want to learn from this internship?
- What I am looking for now is a company that values customer relations, where I can join a strong team and have a positive impact on customer retention and sales." 
15. Can we go over your resume?
- Yes sure thing.
- That sounds great. Just like I already mentioned earlier, I’m currently pursuing my Diploma in Network Security at GMI and currently busy with Final Year Project implementation. I have been in the network security hands on practical and theory syllabus for almost two years in GMI. I experience in handling a configuration for router and switch and also can work with programming language such as web programming, HTML/CSS and very excellent in configure operating system in Linux.
- The first job I got was a sales job with Rorine Shoe company and I grabbed it. I learned a ton about selling products and upselling customers.

16. What are your career goals (a.k.a. where do you see yourself in 5 years)?
- My goal right now is to find a position at a company where I can grow and take on new challenges over time. I hope to become very well-experiences in what I do and have a better understanding of my field.
- I’m really driven to achieve both mine and the companies goals and it is my belief that this stability will allow me to do so as I grow within this role.  Five years down the road I see myself growing into a supervisor or manager where I’ll be able to use my skills to support and influence others.

17. What salary are you looking for?
- I hope to get a salary that is suitable with my qualification and job duties. I also want to be considered based on my working experience.
- I’m looking for a competitive package that takes into account benefits and other forms of compensation, but I’d like to know a little more about the job requirements first.
- In general, I expect a salary that’s consistent with current employees at the same level. I think I can be a great asset to this company, and if you agree,
I’d love to hear your offer.

18. DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR US?
- Absolutely YES.

Question to ask the interviewer
1. Describe the work environment.
2. How would you describe the organization’s personality and management style?
3. What are your expectations for new hires?
4. What are the company’s strengths and weaknesses?
5. Would you describe the training program for me? / What type of training will I receive?
6. What are the toughest problems/decisions that the person in this position will have to deal with?
7. How is this firm stronger than the competition?
8. How much salary/allowance/benefits that you can offer for me? (MUST ASK!)

0 Komentar:

Post a Comment

Terima kasih sebab sudi menerjah ke ruangan saya kali ini.
Anda diwajibkan untuk komen. Amaran keras!
*ceh tipu je HAHA =P*